I don’t know how to sew… there I said it! I deserve to be wearing a scarlet letter I know. But I have a sneaking suspicion that many of you don’t know (or don’t care) either. That said, I don’t want to have to pay my dry cleaner to fix a button for me. Or alternatively, I also don’t want to wait until the next time my mom’s in town. So this doo-hickey from a Swedish company called Tic looks pretty useful, and not too expensive at 5 euros (them there’s the dollars of Europe!).
According to the web site, this is all you have to do:
Five simple steps
1) take a clip from your tic® box – notice there are two pointy pins at one end
2) place the pointy pins under the shirt and press through the fabric – take care not to apply too much force
3) place your shirt button over the pins – ensure the button is facing up and that the pins are in the holes
4) close the clip, pressing the two ends together until you feel it make a firm click.
5) hold the shirt button and gently rotate the clip back-and-forth about 3 times, or until it falls off. Done!