With the end of summer only a few weeks away, it’s important that you seize the moment. As with most moments in life, bourbon can make them better. With that in mind, consider savouring the countdown to the winter solstice with the Bourbon Breeze by your side.
- Domaine de Canton: This smooth ginger-flavored liqueur should be your next buy. Even better, it’s flavored using baby ginger. Why does that make it better? I’m not sure; in fact, it sounds mean. But let me distract you from that sad thought with how well designed the bottle is. Created in the shape of bamboo, you’ll want to show it off long after you’ve had the last drop. This liqueur will add a delicate spice that balances a strong liquor nicely. However, as a liquer, it is pretty sweet, so don’t overdo it.
- Bulleit Bourbon: This is an MLDC staple. Reasonably priced and delicious on its own or mixed. Feel free to substitute with one of your favorites.
- Soda Water: You might take this ingredient for granted, but there’s quite a bit of variation out there. Most importantly, go for NO SODIUM soda water – just check the sodium content on the label to know for sure. Or, go for the high quality stuff. For a truly customized creation, easily make it on your own.
- Fill an old fashioned glass (or anything that holds 6-10 oz) with ice
- Add 1 oz Bulleit Bourbon
- Add 1 oz Domain de Canton
- Add 0.5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Add a splash of soda water
These measurements will yield a well-balanced drink, but you should absolutely play with the measurements depending upon your personal taste.
Take a sip and enjoy one last summer Breeze. But don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of cocktails to warm you up as cool winds roll in.