As spring nears and the cherry blossoms bloom hotels throughout the nation’s capital are offering packages to help visitors enjoy the warmth and beauty of the season:
Rosewood, Washington DC
Situated alongside the C&O Canal in the heart of historic Georgetown, the luxurious Rosewood Washington DC is the perfect jumping off point for taking part in the city’s beloved rite-of-spring traditions, and is celebrating with its Cherry Blossom Festival Package:
- Breakfast for two at The Grill Room
- In-room Cherry Blossom Tea Service
- Capital Segway LLC tour for two through the cherry blossoms
- Kite to fly within the cherry blossoms
- Cherry blossom-inspired dessert at turndown
- Complimentary valet parking for one vehicle
The Rosewood Washington DC’s Cherry Blossom Festival Package is available to book between March 20 and April 14 and the starting rate is $675 per night, with a two-night minimum stay.
The St. Gregory Hotel
An official sponsor of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, The St. Gregory Hotel invites guests to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the beloved festival with the Ultimate Cherry Blossom Experience Package:
- A welcome cocktail called the Evolution made from a combination of cherry blossom-infused botanical gin, Brut Champagne, fresh citrus, agave nectar and hibiscus dust, garnished with a cherry blossom
- Complimentary upgrade to one of the hotel’s luxurious suites, based on availability.
- An Official Cherry Blossom Visitors Guide, which lists the various sites to see the blossoms and events taking place around the city throughout the festival.
- Complimentary overnight parking for one vehicle (six feet or less).
- Late checkout of 2 p.m.
The St. Gregory Hotel’s Ultimate Cherry Blossom Experience Package is available to book between March 16 and April 16, and the starting rate is $229 per night. Suite upgrades are based upon availability.
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC celebrates the coming of the cherry blossoms and honors its Oriental heritage with the traditional Japanese custom of “Hanami”. This centuries-old practice translates to “blossom-viewing”, and is a way to welcome in spring by gathering under blooming cherry blossoms with food, drinks and friends to marvel at the natural beauty of the “Sakura” (cherry blossoms). Guests can experience the “Hanami” tradition with the Springtime by MO Package:
- Accommodation with exclusive views of the Tidal Basin and the city’s famed cherry blossom trees
- A cherry blossom viewing “hanami” gourmet picnic for two
- Daily breakfast for two in Muze restaurant or in-room dining
- Complimentary valet parking
- Complimentary high speed wireless internet access for up to six devices per room
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC’s Springtime by MO Package is available to book from March 10 to April 16, and the starting rate is $585 per night, with a two-night minimum.
Located in the heart of D.C., just blocks from the White House, The Jefferson is one of the city’s many historic landmarks. It is offering a Picture Perfect Cherry Blossoms Package:
- Deluxe overnight accommodations
- Breakfast for two each morning
- A gift card from Framebridge so you can have a keepsake of the 2017 cherry blossoms
- A cherry blossom coffee table book
The Jefferson’s Picture Perfect Cherry Blossoms Package is available to book now through April 30, and the starting rate is $385 per night.
The Embassy Row Hotel
As an ode to Washington D.C.’s greatest and most cherished springtime celebration, The Embassy Row Hotel is offering a National Cherry Blossom Festival Package for visitors traveling to D.C. for the festival. Guests can enjoy all the official festival events including fireworks and concerts then continue the celebration back at the hotel with complimentary sake sampling at the hotel’s restaurant, Station Kitchen & Cocktails. The celebratory package includes:
- Two night accommodations in one of the property’s 231 boutique guest rooms and suites
- Two SmartTrip Cards with one-day Metrorail Passes
- Complimentary evening sake sampling in Station Kitchen & Cocktails
- 10% off all food & drink in food and beverage outlets
- Daily access to a digital Press Reader newspaper subscription
- Complimentary access to the Adult Playground which offers foosball, ping pong and shuffleboard
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
The Embassy Row Hotel’s National Cherry Blossom Festival Package is available to book starting March 15 through April 16, and the starting rate is $179 per night.