Top foodservice industry professionals and their fans gathered last night at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the 35th Annual RAMMY Awards. The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington announced winners in 21 categories.
The selection process for the winners involved two esteemed groups, the voting public and an anonymous panel of volunteer judges, consisting of food and dining journalists, educators and foodservice industry professionals. The voting public decided the winners in four categories: Favorite Gathering Place of the Year, Upscale Brunch, Casual Brunch and Favorite Fast Bites.
The winners of the 35th Annual RAMMY Awards are:
- Employee of the Year: Joseph Cassis, PassionFish Bethesda
- Manager of the Year: John Grace, The Hamilton
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: Ryan Ratino, Ripple
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: DC Brau Brewing Company
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year: Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
- Upscale Brunch of the Year: Convivial
- Casual Brunch of the Year: Republic
- Favorite Fast Bites of the Year: Cava Grill
- Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year: Proof
- Casual Restaurant of the Year: Compass Rose Bar + Kitchen
- Beer Program of the Year: Jack Rose Dining Saloon
- Cocktail Program of the Year: Kapnos by Mike Isabella
- Wine Program of the Year: Charlie Palmer Steak
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year: Acme Paper & Supply Co., Inc.
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Jemil Gadea, Masseria
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: minibar by José Andrés
- Service Program of the Year: The Source by Wolfgang Puck
- New Restaurant of the Year: Hazel
- Restaurateur of the Year: Ike Grigoropoulos, Dimitri Moshovitis, Ted Xenohristos, Brett Schulman, Cava Group, Inc
- Chef of the Year: Tarver King, The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm
RAMW honored two additional members with the Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year, given to Acme Paper & Supply Co., Inc. for exemplifying commitment to and support of RAMW, and the Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award, presented to restaurateur Ashok Bajaj for his hard work and outstanding initiative that has increased the profile and success of the metropolitan Washington foodservice community and dining landscape. These awards were determined by RAMW’s Executive Committee.
More information regarding all of the award winners is avaialble at therammys.org.