With New Year’s Eve around the corner and the majority of Americans spending up to $200 each on the occasion every year, the personal-finance website WalletHub has released its report, 2017’s Best Places for New Year’s Eve Celebrations. It reports that Washington, D.C. ranks 9th among the 100 biggest cities in the U.S.
To establish its rankings, WalletHub compared cities across 25 key metrics. The data set ranges from legality of fireworks to average price of a New Year’s Eve party ticket to forecasted precipitation for Dec. 31.
Here are key findings for the nation’s capital:
- 18th – Avg. Price per New Year’s Eve Party Ticket
- 43rd – Lowest Price for Three-Star Hotel Room on New Year’s Eve
- 12th – Nightlife Options per Capita
- 10th – Restaurants per Capita
- 36th – Luxury Shopping & Gourmet-Food Stores per Capita
- 1st – Legality of Fireworks
- 9th – Walkability
- 1st – New Year’s Eve Events per Capita
- 22nd – Music Venues per Capita
The full report is available at wallethub.com/edu/best-places-for-new-years-eve.