Union Market’s popular Drive-In Movie Series returns at 8:30 p.m. on Friday, May 11, with a special screening of Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Harrison Ford classic will officially kick off the annual Americana-inspired drive-in experience that is scheduled for the first Friday of each month from May through November.
The films are projected onto the Market’s front wall. There is a $10 per car charge for parking in the viewing lot and no-charge for attendees seated in the Market’s picnic area. With only 175 spaces, advance purchase of tickets online for the parking lot is highly recommended.
While enjoying films like box office smash Black Panther (August 3) or feel-good family flick Cool Runnings (October 5), D.C.’s cinephiles and retro fanatics can munch and sip on theater-quality delectables delivered on wheels by The DC Rollergirls.
Since launching in 2012, the Union Market Drive-In Series has drawn large crowds of eager moviegoers looking for communal fun with a touch of kitsch.
Union Market 2018 Drive-in Series Schedule
- Friday, May 11, 8:30 p.m. – Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark (rated PG)
- Friday, June 1, 8:45 p.m. – Clueless (rated PG-13)
- Friday, July 6, 8:55 p.m. – Like Water for Chocolate (rated R; Spanish language with English subtitles)
- Friday, August 3, 8:45 p.m. – Black Panther (rated PG-13)
- Friday, September 7, 8:00 p.m. – The Lion King (rated G)
- Friday, October 5, 8:15 p.m. – Cool Runnings (rated PG)
- Friday, November 2, 8:00 p.m. – Hocus Pocus (rated PG)