Weekend Round-Up: January 21 and 22
- Jessica Gonzalez: New York’s Llama Inn, Nomad, Death and Company
- Erin Hayes: Chicago’s Lost Lake
- Ivy Mix: New York’s Leyenda and Speed Rack co-founder
- Ezra Star: Boston’s Drink
- Lynnette Marrero: New York’s Llama Inn and Speed Rack co-founder
- Pam Wiznitzer: New York’s Seamstress
- Yana Volfson: New York’s Cosme
- Meaghan Dorman: New York’s Raines Lawroom, Dear Irving, The Bennett
“In ‘Roe,’ playwright Lisa Loomer aims to show both sides of abortion case” – The Washington Post
Following an acclaimed run at Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Lisa Loomer’s world-premiere production Roe has debuted in D.C. at Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater.
Directed by Bill Rauch, the drama focuses on the two women at the heart of the landmark Roe v. Wade case – plaintiff Norma McCorvey and her attorney Sarah Weddington – and documents their shockingly divergent journeys following the case, that would come to mirror the polarization in American culture. Roe is a co-production with Oregon Shakespeare Festival and Berkeley Repertory Theatre and runs through Feb. 19.