UPDATE: 14K has extended the menu for an extra day. It will now also be available on Sunday, March 26.
The Hamilton Hotel D.C.’s signature restaurant 14K present a unique Scotch tasting and food pairing menu this Thursday, March 24, and Friday, March 25. Guests will experience an evening of relaxation and culinary sensations, while sipping some of the finest hand-crafted, single malt Scotch whiskeys.
The special prix-fixe paired tasting menu is $75 (excluding tax and gratuity) and includes:
- First Course: Tuna carpaccio with seaweed salad, pickled ginger, and whiskey barrel-aged soy sauce. Paired with The Balvenie.
- Second Course: Blood orange and duck confit salad with artisanal greens, blood oranges, cucumber, tomato, red onion, smoked walnuts, pulled duck confit and blood orange vinaigrette . Paired with Dalwhinnie 15.
- Third Course: Roasted salmon with black lentils, lemon grilled asparagus, herb roasted tomatoes, and shaved fennel. Paired with Oban 14.
- Fourth Course: 7oz bone-in filet with truffle and bacon twice-baked potato, candy glazed heirloom carrots, hen of the woods and trumpet mushrooms, and herb butter. Paired with Macallan 18.
- Dessert: Chocolate mouse duo with white and milk chocolate layerd mousse, dark chocolate ganache and orange gelee. Paired with Lagavulin 16.