Union Market, in NW Washington, will kick off its monthly drive-in movie series this Friday, April 7 at 8pm with feature presentation The Royal Tenenbaums. The special screening marks the start of Union Market’s annual classic American drive-in experience, which in partnership with Getaround, will be held in the parking lot (1305 5th Street NE) and projected onto the market’s wall. Each family-friendly showing is free for walk-up film fans in the picnic area, or costs $10 per car.
Movie lovers and retro fanatics alike can munch on theater snacks while The DC Rollergirls will be on hand delivering snacks and drinks on wheels. The drive-in movie series has brought in consistent crowds since its inception in 2012, with the throwback event offering a unique retreat for those looking for communal fun and vintage kitsch.
Union Market 2017 Drive-in Series Schedule
- Friday, April 7: The Royal Tenenbaums
- Friday, May 5: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Friday, June 2: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Friday, July 7: Coming to America
- Friday, August 4: Chef
- Friday, September 1: Days of Thunder
- Friday, September 29: Clue
- Friday, November 3: Willy Wonka
For more information, click here.