Chef Carlos Delgado will soon be the man of the moment — or to be more accurate and less cliché, the man of the next two weeks. The Peruvian-born head chef of China Chilcano has created six new ceviche dishes that will be added to the restaurant’s menu for what is being billed as the Ceviche Festival, June 26 through July 9.
Delgado’s new dishes include:
- Ceviche Palteado – Fish of the day, avocado leche de tigre, and charcoal oil.
- Ceviche de beterraga Nikkei – Roasted beets, granny smith apple, ponzu, cured egg yolk, and almond.
- Ceviche Ahumado – Smoked fish of the day and smoked leche de tigre.
- Ceviche de Carretilla – Razor clams, octopus, fish, and leche de tigre.
- Leche de tigre – Rocoto/aji amarillo leche de tigre, fish of the day, and cancha.
- Tiradito Chifero – Tuna, chifa leche de tigre, and chifa pickles.
- Ceviche Chalaco – Fish of the day, leche de tigre, and fried calamari.
A total of 16 ceviches will be available during lunch and dinner including the 10 ceviches currently served on the restaurant’s modern Peruvian menu that celebrates the cuisine’s Chinese and Japanese influences.