Mayor Muriel Bowser joined with DC United team members, coaches, and owners yesterday for the official ribbon-cutting of Audi Stadium, the team’s new home.
DC United will kick-off its 2018 season this Saturday, July 14, against the Vancouver Whitecaps. Tickets for the game are sold out; however, there are plenty of opportunities to join in on the fun — and possible snag some tickets:
- Submit a photo on Twitter or Instagram using #UnitedAtHome throughout the week. Photo submissions will be used in the Audi Field photo mosaic, a photo time capsule commemorating those that make up the fabric of D.C. United.
Tuesday & Wednesday
- World Cup Watch Parties with D.C. United – Party starts at 1 p.m. both days: English broadcast: Fado Irish Pub & Spanish broadcast: Freedom Plaza. Pick-up D.C. United swag before the first match and enter to win a signed Wayne Rooney jersey
- Inaugural match ticket giveaway: Pay close attention to D.C. United social media at 10 AM for your chance to win the first pair of tickets to the inaugural match at Audi Field
- Happy Hour at Bardo Beer Garden (4:30-6:30 PM) – Located just blocks away from the brand new Audi Field. The final pair of tickets will be given away, as well as D.C. United swag before the big game on Saturday.
- Audi Field’s brand new fan plaza opens at 4 p.m. and is your place to party before kickoff featuring a live concert by White Ford Bronco, beer garden, games, and food trucks. There will also be free D.C. United swag and the opportunity to be added to the Audi Field photo mosaic.
- Opening of the brand new Club Shop, one of the largest in MLS, opening at 4 p.m.