1) Six of the world’s top ten professional tennis players are on the Citi Open 2018 lineup that also includes past Grand Slam Champions, former No. 1 ranked players, notable rising stars, and six Citi Open past champions.
2) Citi Open 2018 Tailgate Packages are available. Ranging from Taco Tuesday, Beer Festival, and Sunday Brunch, each specially themed package includes a ticket to the matches and all-you-can-eat-and-drink.
3) Andy Murray is back for Citi Open 2018. Murray has graced the tennis world as former No. 1, three-time Grand Slam Champion, and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist.
4) You can see many of the top up-and-coming players. Among the many Citi Open 2018 rising stars are Washington, D.C. native, Frances Tiafoe, who became the youngest American since Andy Roddick in 2002 to win an ATP World Tour Championship this past February; Dennis Shapovalov, the youngest player in the ATP Top 50 and No. 1 Canadian; Indian Wells Champion, Naomi Osaka; and ATP Next Gen Champion, Hyeon Chung.
5) It’s the Citi Open’s 50th anniversary. While attending this year’s tournament, you can reflect on its rich history including the fact that the tournament was launched in a desegregated part of the city at the request of tennis legend Arthur Ashe (who was the 1973 champion), that Andre Agassi played in the tournament in front of sold out crowds to be crowned champion five times. and that Tennis Hall of Famer, Andy Roddick claimed the title three times. You can also join a special 50th Celebration Kick Off Party on Friday, June 27. Among the many special guests with be three-time Washington Champion and Hall of Famer, Jimmy Connor.