In an effort to help Washingtonians live their best lives, VIDA Fitness has launched the VIDA Glow Up Challenge, a free online, month-long initiative to help local residents achieve their nutrition, mindfulness and fitness goals.
Available now through August 31, participants have access to recipes, grocery lists, mindful exercises, workouts, and free classes that aide in overall wellness.
VIDA Fitness’ expert and experienced staff and instructors serve as the VIDA Glow Up Challenge guides and are offering a comprehensive range of advice and support along the way.
The VIDA Glow Up Challenge includes the following components:
- Nutrition: VIDA Fitness’s registered dietitian Addie Claire will provide recipes and grocery list items for participants to try. Addie Claire’s quick, healthy recipes include sweet potato egg bake, maple Dijon chicken, seared tuna stir fry and more.
- Mindfulness: VIDA Fitness yoga instructor Chris Parkison will teach exercises, meditation tips and breathing techniques to help participants better their minds. During the Glow Up Challenge, Chris Parkison will focus on a different theme each week and assign exercises that aide in promoting positive mental health and achieving inner peace. Themes include gratitude, patience, compassion and forgiveness.
- Fitness: VIDA Fitness instructor Shawn Morris has curated the Glow Up Challenge fitness program to revolve around progress-fitness training. Throughout the month, Morris will provide participants with guided, modifiable workout plans that demonstrate correct form and gradually increase work capacity and strength. Shawn Morris’s workout plans range from stretching and heart rate activities used in warm-ups and cool-downs to full-body free weight circuit training and body weight strength, suspension trainer and plyometric circuit training.
- Weekly personal assessments: Every week participants can track their progress with personal assessments and goal worksheets. VIDA Fitness will ask challengers to try a “max out” plank, a test to see how long they can stay in a plank position each week. Additionally, challengers will be asked weekly to do burpees for a full minute and count how many they can do within the minute.
- Events: Each VIDA Fitness location will host an event during the Glow Up Challenge. VIDA Fitness-Gallery Place will host a free, public bootcamp class every Wednesday at 6 p.m., led by VIDA instructor Katie Cosper. The first bootcamp will take place on Wednesday, August 8.
- Community: To keep participants motivated, accountable and encouraged during the Glow Up Challenge, Addie Claire, Chris Parkison, and Shawn Morris will offer tips and tricks along the way. A private Facebook Glow Up Challenge group will be available so challengers can connect with other participants, report their progress and interact with the Glow Up experts.
To register for the VIDA Glow Up Challenge, please visit: vidafitness.com/vidachallenge.