Chef Jose Andre’s modern Peruvian fusion restaurant China Chilcano has launched Passport to Peru.
Each week throughout the month of October, China Chilcano’s head chef Carlos Delgado and his team are spotlighting a region of Peru with a special menu only available during that week.
Week 1 (October 1-7): Specialties from the Pacific Coast, including:
- Anticucho de Corazon – Roseda beef heart, potatoes, chocio, rocotto sauce ($9)
- Arroz con Mariscos – Crab, octopus, shrimp, conch, jasmine rice, ají amarillo, red onion ($17)
- La Playa – Ron Cartavio, pineapple pisco, gunabana, lemon, prickly pear ($12)
Week 2 (October 8-14): Central highland favorites from Sierra, including:
- Adobo Aquequipeño – Pork shoulder stew, red onion, ají panca, chicha de jora, rocoto ($16)
- Pachamanca de Cordero – Andean lamb chops, root vegetables, Andean herbs ($17)
- Chicha de Guindas – Cherry Pisco, chicha de jora ($13)
Week 3 (October 15-21): Spotlight on The Amazon,
- Churos – Snails, snail caviar, smoked oil, avocado gel, ponzu ($16)
- Textures of the Amazon – Macambo ice cream, banana, coconut ($9)
- Maracuya Rocoto Sour – Rocoto macerado, passion fruit purée, egg white, Amargo Chuncho, bitters ($12)
Week 4 (October 22-28); Peruvian favorites from Lima, including:
- Tiradito Szechuan – Hawaiian sunfish, yuzu, szechuan aoli, hibiscus ($18)
- Cau Cau de Mariscos – Crab, mussels, scallop, aji amarillo, turmeric, mint, potato ($17)
- Bullet Train to Tokyo – Sake, cucumber pisco, rocoto pisco, lemon ($13)
Diners ordering from the special menu can also request a special “passport” from their server and earn stamps redeemable for Chilcano cocktails.