As local temperatures drop, United Airlines is making it easier to escape to warmer weather.
Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 19, the nation’s third largest carrier will start new daily service between its hub at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Miami International Airport (MIA). United’s newest route builds on the airline’s focus to offer its customers more opportunities to conveniently connect to more domestic and international destinations than ever before by boosting connectivity and expanding service from its seven U.S. gateways.
From Dec.19, 2018, through March 30, 2019, United will offer daily service between Washington Dulles and Miami and twice daily service during peak holiday travel, Dec. 24, 2018, through Jan. 6, 2019, with Airbus A319 aircraft.
In addition, United has increased flying between Dulles and two additional Florida destinations, Orlando and Tampa. Now through Jan. 6, 2019, United is providing five daily flights to Orlando, and between Dec. 26, 2018, through Jan. 26, 2019, the airline will increase to four daily flights to Tampa.
MileagePlus, the loyalty program for United’s customers, has been awarded the 2018 Frequent Traveler Titan Award as the leading and most innovative airline loyalty program in the Americas. The Titan Awards are awarded to one airline, hotel and rental car company by a board of notable loyalty leaders who have been an integral part of building the loyalty industry.
United continues to enhance its MileagePlus program, offering members new ways to earn and redeem miles as well as increased benefits. Highlights from the last 12 months include:
- The launch of the new United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which now offers an expanded 2 miles per $1 spent on hotel stays and restaurant purchases in addition to 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases with United, valuable travel credits and inflight benefits and discounts.
- The introduction, with BP, of the only program in the U.S. that lets customers earn and use U.S. airline miles at the pump for gasoline purchases.
- Recent enhancements to the MileagePlusX app to enable more ways for members to earn and redeem miles every day while shopping or dining.
- Continued expansion of MileagePlus Exclusives, allowing members to use miles on unique and memorable experiences with a VIP touch across a wide range of mileage levels.
- Increased checked baggage allowance for Premier members.
- A new boarding process for all customers, allowing Premier 1K and Premier Gold members to board in an earlier group.