With the lifting of stay-at-home orders, Megabus will provide limited service between Washington, DC and New York City as well as intermediate stops including Baltimore and Philadelphia beginning Monday, June 1. Tickets are available for purchase now.
In an email shared with costumers the company wrote, “We are reopening responsibly with several adjustments to our policies and procedures in the wake of COVID-19. We will continue to adhere to our stringent cleaning and disinfecting and social distancing procedures. Your safety remains our top priority as we adjust to our new normal.”
Megabus’ updated policies and procedures include:
- Passengers are required to wear a facial covering in situations where social distancing is not possible. This includes while waiting in line, during the boarding process, when moving around the bus, and when getting off the bus. Passengers are also encouraged to wear them throughout the duration of the trip.
- The number of available seats is reduced to give the drivers and customers more personal space.
- Buses will be washed and wiped on a daily basis.
- Disinfectant wipes will be placed on all buses so that high traffic areas, hand rails and hard surfaces can be wiped down regularly.
- While carrying passengers, all efforts will be made to allow as much fresh air as possible into the bus.
Additional details on Megabus’ safety enhancements as well as its updated rescheduling policy are available on the company’s website at megabus.com.