Safeway pharmacies in Maryland, Virginia, D.C., and Delaware are now offering at-home COVID-19 test kits for $139.99. The saliva tests, offered at Safeway, in partnership with Phosphorus Diagnostics, typically offer results in 72 hours or less from the time the lab receives the test.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit scheduletest.com to complete a short medical questionnaire and request your test.
- Your Safeway pharmacist will authenticate the information, review, and order your test.
- You will be contacted for payment and receive notification that your test kit is ready for pick-up or has delivered/shipped to your address. Patients showing symptoms should not pick up their own test; they must send a representative or choose delivery.
- Complete the sample collection and send it to the lab via the kit’s prepaid next-day shipping envelope.
- Receive your results by email or text.
After the patient learns the results, a Safeway pharmacist will be available for questions regarding follow-up care.
Currently, the pharmacy cannot bill insurance directly for the test; all payment is out of pocket. Patients may be able to submit their receipt to insurance for reimbursement.
The test has received Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA for the detection of COVID-19.
Customers can contact any local Safeway pharmacy for additional information.