To celebrate this weekend’s premiere of the new reality-competition and action adventure show The Pack, Amazon Prime Video has created the ultimate holiday for dogs and the people who love them: an extraordinary PACKED WEEKEND, offering one-of-a-kind, pup-centric experiences throughout the metropolitan area. This global celebration, running tomorrow, Nov. 20 through Sunday, Nov. 22, invites everyone and their pets to experience pampering, exciting activities, and a way to help support local businesses.
Starting on Friday, many local businesses will offer giveaways, discounted or free services, surprise pup-grades, and gifts with purchase throughout PACKED WEEKEND. Be on the lookout in your neighborhood for discounts at retailers such as promotional items at The Shoppes at Art District, free brisket bites for dog diners at Texas Jack’s Barbecue, and free grooming services at The Muddy Mutt.
To complete this jam-PACKED WEEKEND, Prime Video will be hosting two dog-friendly viewing parties of the first two episodes of The Pack at the National Harbor on Saturday, at 1pm and the District Wharf on Sunday at 2pm. For a list of confirmed activities and giveaways in the DMV, see below – and remember to check back with PackedWeekend.com regularly as new brands and delights are being added every day.
PACK WALK CHALLENGE
The PACKED WEEKEND also marks the kick-off of the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, a global opportunity to get moving with your pup. Starting Friday, Nov. 20, everyone can use MapMyFitness or MyFitnessPal apps from Under Armour to participate in “20 Workouts in 30 Days” or “30 Miles in 30 Days” (depending on the app) to help us achieve the largest global pack walk ever, while helping you and your pet stay healthy and strong.
During the course of the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, pet parents are encouraged to donate to three worthy charitable organizations right in the app –The American Heart Association’s Healthy Bond for Life, Environmental Defense Fund, and Best Friends Animal Society– to spotlight their own health, that of the planet and to help every dog live their best life. And, to honor the spirit of charity at the heart of The Pack, Prime Video will generously match consumer donations up to $100,000 (split evenly among the charities) for a 24-hour window beginning Nov, 21. After completing the Challenge, eligible participants will have the chance to win a prize package, including roundtrip travel for four anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. Fans everywhere can also get pumped up with a playlist curated exclusively for the PACK WALK CHALLENGE from Amazon Music.
PACKED WEEKEND DMV EVENTS
- Bark Social – Offering 15% off discount on their online shop at www.barksocial.com, and offering free Sweet Potato Treats and The Pack prize pack items with any purchase over $40 at their pop-up shop, while supplies last.
- Silver and Silver Diner (19 Locations) – Social media contest at all locations for a chance to win a “Family Feast” and a prize pack from The Pack. In addition, enjoy a Special Pups on the Patio “Yappy Hour” from 3-7pm over PACKED WEEKEND at seven locations. All dogs will receive a free frozen treat and prize pack while supplies last. A portion of the “Yappy Hour” sales will benefit a local dog rescue. Yappy Hour Locations: Alexandria, Bethesda, Elkridge, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Waldorf, Washington, D.C.
- Animal Welfare League of Arlington – All dog adoption fees receive a 50% off discount for the weekend.
- Pawtiques – Complimentary nail trims on Friday and Saturday, and five free washes to the first five dogs up to 50 lbs. that make a reservation.
- Tabandeh – Free pair of winter gloves with a purchase of any pair of boots or shoes purchased while supplies last.
- Cana Vineyards and Winery – Complimentary prize packs from The Pack to all dog families while supplies last.
- The Muddy Mutt – Offering free prize packs from The Pack for the first 150 washes over PACKED WEEKEND while supplies last. Additionally, they will host a social media contest to give away 10 free washes.
- Good Luck Cellars – Give away free prize packs from The Pack to everyone that comes with a dog over the weekend while supplies last. Free “Good Luck” Wine glass with the purchase of a bottle of wine while supplies last.
- Texas Jack’s Barbecue – Offering a dog menu for a free treat and receive a prize pack from The Pack while supplies last, plus a social media contest for a free meal for two.
- The Manor at Silo Falls – Complimentary prize packs from The Pack to everyone that comes with a dog over the weekend while supplies last, and “Yappy Hour” pricing all weekend.
- Westin Hotel National Harbor Lobby Bar – Will host “Yappy Hour” each day over PACKED WEEKEND from 1-3pm, offering a specialty cocktail, free puppuccinos, and prize pack distribution while supplies last.
- The Esplanade at National Harbor – Free prize packs to people that tour the apartments over PACKED WEEKEND. Anyone that signs a lease over Packed Weekend will receive three months of pet fees waived.
- Cole Haan at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 10% off to those who sign up for emails/membership this weekend.
- J. Jill at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 10% off purchases over the weekend and an additional $5 off for first time email subscribers.
- Nina McLemore at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 20% off purchases over the weekend.
- Le Pain Quotidien at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 10% off and a free dog treat to all customers with dogs while supplies last.
- The Pet Spa at Barkley Square – Give away prize packs to all dogs that come in for grooming over the weekend. Also hosting a social media contest to give away five free month passes for dog washes.
- Anne Arundel SPCA – Receive a free prize pack with all dog adoptions over the weekend while supplies last.
- Carhartt – Raffling off a free dog jacket during intermission of The Pack screening at National Harbor.
- The Shoppes at Art District – Free promo items from The Pack on Friday and Saturday at select times while supplies last.
- From Head to Tail Spa – Hosting a social media contest for a free pup couch and free doggie spa day!
- Camp Bow Wow (2 locations – Frederick and Columbia) – will offer pet parents everywhere the chance to win a free year of doggy day care and boarding Camp services for their dog at one of their 180+ locations.
- Whiskey Charlie – Custom drink menu offered all weekend at their location in the District Wharf while supplies last.
- Diament Jewelry and Gifts – Offering 25% off discount on all dog items on Sunday, Nov. 22 while supplies last.
- Shake Shack at District Wharf – Offering free Poochinis on Sunday, Nov. 22 while supplies last.
- Magnolia’s on King – Offering $8 Doggie & Human Snack Bowl Duos – Chicken & Brown Rice for pups / Smoked Gouda Grit & Red Gravy Bowls for humans while supplies last. Proceeds benefiting Project Second Chance Animal Rescue.
- The National Harbor – Hosting a viewing party of the first two episodes of The Pack on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 1pm. Various businesses will be handing out dog treats, while supplies last, including: ZAAF, Alex and Ani, and Carhartt.
- The District Wharf – Hosting a viewing party of the first two episodes of The Pack on Sunday, Nov. 22 at 2pm. Various businesses will be handing out dog treats, while supplies last, including: The Big Bad Woof, Woofbowl, Metro Mutts, Fur-Get Me Not, Cordial at the Wharf Craft Wine & Spirits, The Brighton, Cantina Bambina, Martha Spak Gallery at the Wharf, and Praline Bakery.
All events will be conducted in compliance with local COVID-19 safety guidelines and regulations.