While the COVID-19 pandemic is greatly restricting your ability to travel, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on a romantic escape this Valentine’s. DC is home to some of the best hotels in the country—and they are ready to welcome you and your special someone for a rewarding staycation.
Steps from the Tidal Basin, National Mall and The Wharf, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental is offering a Valentine’s Dinner at M.O. package. Starting at $752 and available February 12 to 14, the package includes:
- A bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries
- A romantic Valentine’s 4-course dinner for two, served in the comfort of your room or suite
- Relax in our deep-soaking tub with a custom Mandarin Oriental Spa bath salts gift
- Overnight valet parking for one vehicle with unlimited in and out privileges
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is also offering sweethearts a chance to escape with its exclusive Fan of Love couples’ treatment. Couples can have a private suite for a one–hour and 20-minute massage with the use of a custom-blended signature essential oil followed by an additional 20-minutes of relaxation time together in a private lounge while enjoying a glass of sparkling wine and a Valentine treat. The Fan of Love couples’ treatment is valid Friday, Saturday and Sunday in February 2021 starting February 14 and costs $580.
Recognized as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel + Leisure magazine, the historic Hay Adams Hotel is offering a Celebrations package. Starting at $529 and available anytime in February, the package includes:
- A suite with views of St. Johns Church or Lafayette Park in front of the White House
- Champagne, flowers, and chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Breakfast for two served in the privacy of your suite
Couples also have the option of heading to The Lafayette, the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, for a special afternoon winter tea service (starting at $55 per person) or Valentine’s dinner (starting at $200 per couple).
Set within within a converted industrial building in the heart of historic Georgetown, the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown is offering a variety of packages for the month of February, such as it Suite Escapes package:
- One bedroom suite accommodations with a daily $50 food and beverage credit
- Luxury suite accommodations with a daily $150 food and beverage credit
Guests may enhance any of the packages with spa services offered by the hotels intimate spa.
The Watergate Hotel
The famed and scandalous Watergate Hotel on the banks of the Potomac River is offering a Valentine’s Day package. Starting at $300 and available February 12 to 14, the package includes:
- Best available rate or all rooms and suite
- Receive a $200 discount on a private igloo rental, just for two
The Watergate Hotel’s Argentta Spa also has a number of services and packages available.
Having just completed a spectacular $27-million dollar renovation just a few years ago, the Fairmont has a Bed & Breakfast package with special Valentine’s options. Starting at $239 and available February 12 to 14, the package includes:
- Breakfast for two served in the privacy of your room or suite
- A romantic Valentine’s 3-course dinner for two, served in the comfort of your room or suite – $149
- A romantic Valentine’s 5-course dinner for two, served in the comfort of your room or suite – $179
- Chocolate-covered strawberries – $40
- Bottle of Prosecco – $62
Located adjacent to CityCenterDC, the stunningly contemporary Conrad hotel is offering the Conrad In Love package. Starting at $286 and available February 11 to 15, the package includes:
- A romantic gift package to help you celebrate, including a bottle of champagne, curated box of gourmet chocolate, romantic verse, and other items
Guest also have the option of purchasing the Sea of Love multi-course seafood dinner for two served fireside in Conrad’s third floor lounge. It is priced at $275.