The homegrown EatWell DC restaurant group has designated the month of August as Tomato Festival Month.
A trio of EatWell DC’s restaurants in the Logan Circle neighborhood–The Pig, Commissary and Logan Tavern–are participating and serving special tomato-inspired dishes through the end of August. All of the tomatoes being used have been grown at the EatWell Natural Farm in LaPlata, Md.. The company has owned the farm for 13 years and all produce in its restaurants comes from that source.
“We have an abundance of tomatoes this season, and we are sharing the bounty with our guests,“ says EatWell DC’s culinary director, Tom Crenshaw.
The special Tomato Festival Month menus items include:
- Pa Amb Tomaquet (Catalonian style bread & tomato): Grilled baguette, tomato seasoned with garlic & olive oil, & pickled pork skin. $8
- Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes & Halloumi Cheese: Harrisa spice, olives, caperberries, parsley, mint, onions, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, crackling, pork crackling. $16
- Tomato Panacotta: Basil syrup, heirloom tomato marmalade, parmesan tuile, pistachio. $8
- Eatwell Farm Salad: Heirloom tomatoes, confit tomatoes, watermelon, feta cream. $14
- Pan-roasted Chesapeake Rockfish: Heirloom cherry tomatoes, tomato agrodolce, herb salad. $27
- Grilled Pork Chop: Roasted heirloom tomatoes, charred spring onion, Kurozu. $27
Commissary 1443 P Street NW
- Eatwell Farm’s Tomato & Shrimp; Warm olive oil poached Eatwell Farm tomato ragu, Espelette spiced shrimp, black pepper tuile. $16
- Tomato Salted Bronzini; Heirloom tomato bisque, sweet corn & edamame relish, Peruvian potatoes, radish, charred avocado mash. $25