Six Flags America’s annual winter festival, Holiday in the Park, has returned with more than a million glittering lights, festive foods, thrilling rides, and dazzling holiday entertainment. Weekends and select days now through January 2, DC’s Thrill Capital is transformed into an eye-popping winter wonderland featuring 10 specially-themed areas, seven holiday shows, seven thrilling coasters, s’mores pits for roasting and much more.
“Holiday in the Park is the perfect experience for families who want to slow down and spend time with their loved ones,” said Park President Richard G. Pretlow II. “With its mix of thrilling coasters and family rides, live & local entertainment, seasonal cuisine, and all the spectacular lights, it really brings to life the whole meaning of the season.”
Holiday in the Park 2021 Shows & Attractions:
- 12 Days Twist: Santa has forgotten to get Mrs. Claus her Christmas present and has enlisted the help of the elves for the best last-minute ideas. Watch as these kooky elves countdown to the ultimate Christmas gift.
- Behold, The Messiah: Pulled straight from the second chapter of Luke, this show gives the Biblical account of the birth of Jesus.
- Christmas Heist: Skylar and Jason are trying to break into Santa’s workshop to remove their sister’s name from the naughty list. Can they accomplish the goal before the elves and ginjas capture them?
- Holiday Party Spectacular: Enjoy a modern take on some traditional holiday tunes as some fabulous roommates throw the holiday extravaganza of the century.
- Family Thrills: Nothing says family time like taking a turn on the area’s largest selection of holiday thrills, with seven world-class coasters from mild to wild, and variety of kids’, family and thrill rides for everyone to find their holiday joy.
- Limited–Time Seasonal Ride Enhancements:
- Cocoa Mixer: Mix hot cocoa and marshmallows in your favorite spinning cup and twinkling lights all around;
- Dasher’s Crashers: Take a spin on these classic bumper cars with enhanced lighting & holiday tunes pumping; and
- Holly Jolly Highway: Snuggle with family in the park’s snazzy antique cars while journeying through dazzling holiday displays.
- Santa’s House: Venture to the North Pole and meet the big guy himself. Good little boys & girls with their masks on can see Santa to share what they want for Christmas.
- Whimsical Post Office: In the center of Whimsical Wonderland sits the most charming Post Office. Write a letter to Santa or make a special craft for yourself (or a friend).
- Silver Bells Tree: White lights dazzle and amaze in this spectacular 40-foot tall, Holiday tree that towers over the Silver Bells Area.
- Silent Night: Remember the reasons for the season with a quiet walk surrounded by the flicker of candlelight.
- Holiday Fire Pits: Five sections of the park feature wood-burning fire pits that warm the soul and are popular spots for toasting s’mores.
- Holiday Eats: The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park like holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, marshmallow s’mores, seasonal beers & spiked cocktails, festive funnel cakes and specialty holiday platters with delicious sides like sweet potato casserole, stuffing or mac n’ cheese.
- Festive Photo Spots: Twinkling mistletoe, beautifully decorated trees, and Santa’s elaborate home are just a few of the fun photo spots guests can preserve their holiday memories.