Peak bloom for Washington, DC’s popular cherry blossoms is officially predicted for March 22 to 25, according to the National Park Service. Those dates align perfectly with the start of the four-week-long National Cherry Blossom Festival and the celebration of the 110th anniversary of the gift of trees from the Mayor of Tokyo to the nation’s capital.
To assist visitors as well as locals who might desire a staycation, many DC area hotels are offering special packages in conjunction with cherry blossom season:
The Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has a strong connection to the city’s Cherry Blossoms. It has a collection of Cherry Blossom trees on its grounds that were planted during the hotel’s opening by the daughter and granddaughter of Mayor Yukio Ozaki who originally gifted the trees to Washington, DC, and it is located just steps from the Tidal Basin with its hundreds of Yoshino cherry trees. As part of cherry blossom season, it is offering a Cherry Blossoms Views package that includes:
- Guest room or suite with exclusive views of the Tidal Basin
- Cherry blossom-themed afternoon tea for two once during the stay, in the comfort of a guestroom or suite
- Complimentary overnight valet parking for one vehicle each night of your stay, with unlimited in and out privileges
This package starts at $660 per night and is available from March 17 to April 17.
Inspired by Japanese tradition, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is also offering exclusive cherry blossom-themed facials and body treatments that are available to guests and visitors.
Historic Hotel Washington—which has played hosts to nurmours politicians, Hollywood starlets, and even the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley—is offering a Blossom Into Spring package that includes:
- Guest room with custom headboard by artist Amit Greenberg, which casts a soothing glow inspired by D.C. cherry blossoms
- Two signature Cherry Blossom inspired cocktails
- $40 breakfast dining credit
- Special welcome gift
This package starts at $309 per night and is available now to April 30.
The signature Cherry Blossom-thermed cocktails are also available to guests and visitors at VUE, the hotel’s iconic rooftop lounge that provides outstanding views of the Washington Monument and National Mall,.
Offering a contemporary urban oasis and a cornerstone of the CityCenterDC entertainment and shopping district, the Conrad Washington DC is offering a special Art in Bloom package that includes:
- Two-night stay in a Park View Suite with Sakura Club access
- A bottle of Veuve Cliquot La Grand Dame
- Brunch for two
- Two timed passes to the Yayoi Kusama retrospective eshibit at the Hirschhorn and for a tour of the Tidal Basin cherry blossoms
- $100 gift shop credit at the Hirschhorn
This package has limited availablity and pricing information is available by contating the hotel directly.
Guests and visitors can also enjoy an originial Yayoi Kusama sculture in the hotel’s third-floor atrium, on display from mid-March through the end of April.
The Conrad Washington DC is part of Hilton Hotels, which is the Premier Hotel Provider of the 2022 National Cherry Blossom Festival. A full listing of Hilton Hotels packages is available here.
A member of Historic Hotels of America and located adjacent to the US Capitol and Union Station, The Phoenix Park Hotel is offering a Cherry Blossom package that includes:
- Accommodations with a 1 p.m. checkout
- Two commemorative postcards
- Two Cherry Blossom inspired drinks in The Dubliner Irish Pub
This package starts at $194 per night and is available from March 6 to April 30.
Built in 1906, the Churchill Hotel near Dupont Circle has recently undergone a round of restorations to rejuvenate its antique charm while keeping up-to-date with modern traveler’s needs. Also a member of Historic Hotels of America, it is offering a Cherry Blossom Photo pacakge that includes:
- Accomodations in one of the hotel’s renovated 66 guest rooms or 107 spacious suites
- A two hour, private photo session among the Cherry Blossoms
- Picnic for two
This package starts at $348 per night with a two-night minimum stay and is available from March 17 to April 21.
Initially constructed in the 1920s, The Mayflower Hotel has long been a favorite of celebrities and dignitaries. This DC landmark hotel has more than 650 modern guest rooms and is just a short walk from the White House. It is offering A Cherry Blossom Spin package that includes:
- Accommodations in one of the hotel’s more than 650 modern guest rooms and suites
- Two 24-hour Capital Bikeshare Passes
- Two Spring Forward Cocktails in Edgar
This package starts at $319 per night and is available from March 18 to April 17.
The upscale Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel is walking distance from some of the city’s most popular attractions including the National Portrait Gallery, Planet Word Museum, and Ford’s Theatre. It is offering a Blooming Blossoms package that includes:
- Accomodations in one of its spacious guest rooms or suites
- Self parking
- $30 nightly food & beverage credit
- Chef special Cherry Blossom cookies
This package starts at $429 per night and is available from March 17 to April 17.
- Overnight accommodations in a premium guest room
- Two Capital Bikeshare passes, along with The Banneker custom run/walk guide showcasing the best nearby locations to explore and see the Cherry Blossoms for yourself
- $30 beverage credit for Lady Bird, the rooftop bar with sweeping views of the White House and National Mall, or Le Sel, the on-site French bistro with indoor and outdoor dining options
- VIP surprise amenity upon check-in.
This package starts at $229 per night and is available now to May 25.