Taste of Iceland 2022, an annual celebration of Icelandic culture, is making its first stop on its North American tour in Washington, DC, Thursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20. Washingtonians can transport themselves to Iceland through a series of events inspired by, and in celebration of, the best of Icelandic culture through food and beverage, music, literature, films, art, and more.
Most events are low-cost or free to the public. The schedule of events includes:
- Icelandic Culinary Experience: Hosted daily from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., Thursday, March 17 to Sunday, March 20 at Equinox Restaurant. The prix-fix menu is $75, per person, with an optional wine pairing for an additional $35, per person. Reservations for the experience can be made at Open Table or at 202-331-8118.
- Reykjavik Calling Concert with Laufey and Anna Gréta: Thursday, March 17, from 7:30 to 10:00 p.m., at Songbyrd. Doors open at 7:00pm, with music by DJ Hermigervill. FREE
- Icelandic Cocktail Making Presented by Reyka Vodka and Ólafsson Gin: Friday, March 18, starting at 5:30 p.m., at Betsy. FREE
- Elemental Sound Bath: Saturday, March 19, from 10 to 11 a.m., at Eaton DC Wellness Center in the Beverley Snow Room on the 2nd floor. FREE
- Icelandic Provisions Breakfast Bar: At 11 a.m., immediately following the Elemental Sound Bath, located at the Eaton DC Coworking space on the 1st floor. FREE
- Icelandic Literature through the eyes of three female authors, including First Lady Eliza Reid: Saturday, March 19, at 2 p.m., at the Eaton DC Coworking space on the 1st floor. FREE
- Lamb Screening: Sunday, March 20, starting at 5 p.m., at the Eaton DC Cinema and Coworking Space. FREE
Many of the Taste of Iceland events also include the Wheel of Prizes Presented by Icelandair, which gives participants the chance to win a range of prizes, including Blue Lagoon Skincare, an Icelandic Wool Blanket, a year’s supply of Icelandic Provisions’ Skyr, cases of sparking and still water from Icelandic Glacial, a Reyka Vodka package, a Tindur Shearling Jacket and Surtsey Knit Cap from 66°North. The grand prize is a trip for two to Iceland from Icelandair that includes a stay at the Silica Hotel at the famed Blue Lagoon and a 72-Hour City-card from Visit Reykjavík. Event participants can sign-up for a chance to win an hour before the spins take place at the times listed below:
- Thursday, March 17 at 7 p.m. prior to the Reykjavík Calling Concert at Songbyrd
- Friday, March 18 at 5:30 p.m. prior to the Cocktail Class at Betsy
- Saturday, March 19 at 2 p.m. prior to the literature event at Eaton House Coworking Space
- Sundayi March 20 at 5 p.m. prior to the film screening at Eaton House