Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. is hoping to change up summer vacationing in the nation’s capital by reinviting the typical city hotel stay. Its Summer x MO promotion is a collection of accommodation packages, experiences, and special events designed to provide guests with a resort-style experience.
Summer x MO also highlights the hotel’s many amenities including the Panda Club, the city’s only hotel children’s club, a refreshing indoor swimming pool, Forbes Four-Star Spa and Wellness Center, plus walkable access to The Wharf and the many surrounding monuments, memorials, and museums.
Summer x MO experiences and special events include:
- Bring the kids for family-friendly Monday Night Movies on the big screen in the Empress Garden complete with movie theatre-style popcorn and candy.
- The whole family can delight in an afternoon of lawn games in the Empress Garden.
- Visit District Wharf for an afternoon of shopping, live music, dining, and water adventures with the FanMObile.
Executive Chef and Director of Culinary and Food & Beverage Moosah Reaume debuts his summer series of culinary delights and tasteful cocktail creations.
- Business travelers can create a community with their fellow road warriors at the Executive Social, Monday – Wednesday from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Adult guests will enjoy an evening of Tequila & Ceviche in Empress each Tuesday from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Experience the sights, operations, and flavors of the country’s oldest continuously operating open-air fish market with The Fish Market Tour. Guests join an expert member of the culinary team to learn to select and prepare fresh fish every Wednesday – Friday at 9:00 a.m.
- Join Executive Chef Moosah Reaume for a summer Magic Pig Roast. Featuring the Caja China method utilizing a distinctive wood box in which the pig roasts for multiple hours, resulting in a magical tasting tender flavorful pork. Every Thursday from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Fridays Fried & Uncorked combines the juicy and crispy taste of Korean fried chicken with the sweet bubbles of sparkling winemaking for a delicious way to end the week. Fridays from
5:00 – 9:00p.m.
- Empress hosts Gin & Jazz every Saturday from 4:00 – 10:00 p.m. with the cool sounds of live jazz accompanied by a range of artisanal gins and cocktails.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. invites guests to reconnect with the mind, body, and spirit through Wake-Up Wellness, a variety of group morning yoga, meditation, and stretching sessions. All classes begin at 8:00 a.m. every morning in the Empress Garden for registered hotel guests who are members of Fans of MO.
- Build Your Own Scrub Bar from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Family Connection – Treasure time together with connecting rooms.
- Deluxe or deluxe Water View King room connected to a Double Queen room, or a suite with a second bedroom.
- Family-friendly welcome amenity.
- Breakfast for four, daily.
- One complimentary in-room family movie.
- Complimentary upgraded streaming speed Wi-Fi.
- Overnight valet parking for one vehicle each night of the stay, with unlimited in and out privileges.
- Rates start at $1,195 per night.
Kids Stay and Play – Book a play session for your little ones in our Panda Club.
- Offer includes a credit of three hours at the Panda Club for one child aged 3-10, per night.
- Little Fans welcome amenity.
- $50 dining credit, once per stay.
- Overnight valet parking for one vehicle each night, with unlimited in and out privileges.
- Guaranteed late check-out at 2:00 p.m.
- Rates start at $580 per night.
For a full schedule of Summer x MO events, pricing, package details, and reservations, please visit our website or call (202) 554 8588.