War of the Rosés, an annual, restaurant industry fundraiser and competition, has begun.
Now in its fifth year, this year’s War of the Rosés has the largest number of participants to date, including more than a dozen bars and restaurants, all of whom will be donating a portion of their rosé sales in July to charity.
War of the Rosés’ participating restaurant will donate 5% of all rosé sales (including wine, frozé or rosé-based cocktails) to a designated charity of their choice with another 5% going to the winning restaurant’s designated charity. The winner of this friendly competition is the business that sells the most rosé in July, and their designated charity benefits the most. Since its inception in 2018, War of the Rosés has raised over $17,000 for a variety of worthy charities.
Here is a list of the participating bars and restaurants and their designated charities:
- All-Purpose Shaw, supporting National Organization of Women
- All-Purpose Capitol Riverfront, supporting Building Bridges Across the River
- Barkada Wine Bar, supporting Center for Reproductive Rights
- Beau Thai Mount Pleasant, supporting La Clinica Del Pueblo
- Beau Thai Shaw, supporting Bread for the City
- BKK Cookshop, supporting New Endeavors by Women
- Buck’s Fishing and Camping, supporting Transformer DC
- Centrolina, supporting N Street Village
- Comet Ping Pong, supporting Transformer DC
- Duplex Diner, supporting Planned Parenthood
- ETTO, supporting SMYAL
- Garden District, supporting Blue/Yellow for Ukraine
- Jane Jane, supporting National Black Justice Coalition
- La Jambe, supporting Mamatoto Village
- Maydan, supporting National Network of Abortion Funds
- Muchas Gracias, supporting Tables Without Borders
- Piccolina, supporting TBD
- Primrose, supporting The Trevor Project
- Supra, supporting American Friends of Georgia
- The Red Hen, supporting Food Rescue US