The Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC is embracing the holidays in the nation’s capital with holiday decorations, an outdoor holiday market featuring local craftspeople, family-friendly Teddy Bear Teas, and more.
Inside the hotel’s lobby, visitors and guests can view beautifully decorated Christmas trees and eight holiday dioramas created by acclaimed decorator Tom Kehoe in collaboration with patients from Children’s National.
From noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec 3, 10 and 17, the hotel’s Seasons restaurant is hosting special family-friendly teddy bear teas featuring tea sandwiches, scones, petits fours, and a choice of tea, hot chocolate or sparkling wine. An entire dessert room awaits diners with cotton candy, holiday sweets, and cakes. Dancers from the Metropolitan School of the Arts in their holiday costumes will enchant the youngest guests and each child will be gifted with a Children’s National Teddy Bear. A percentage of proceeds go to Children’s National. The teddy bear tea is $95 per person and reservations can be made online.
Also at Seasons, Executive Chef Bilal Wshah and his team prepare a showstopper holiday brunch every Sunday through New Year’s Day. A made-to-order chef’s station features omelets and pancakes, and the seafood station delivers delicacies such as ceviche, shrimp cocktail, oysters, sushi and grilled sea bass. Meat lovers will rejoice over the roast beef carving station or roast rack of lamb and countless inventive salads as well as cheese and charcuterie platters make for a Sunday Brunch to remember. The holiday brunch is $125 per person and reservations can be made online.
Outside on the hotel’s front drive is a holiday market open to the public between Friday, Dec. 2 and Sunday, Dec. 18. The market includes musical entertainment, light and snow displays, and a hot chocolate bar. The holiday market is open Fridays from 5 to 8 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 7 pm, and a percentage of each purchase is donated directly to Children’s National. Participating vendors include:
2022 Holiday Market vendors include:
- Artita Gallery (All three weekends)
- Barris Books (Dec. 16-18)
- Beary Sensitive Organic Skincare (All three weekends)
- Buy Geometric (Dec. 2-4, 9-11)
- Cara Mia Co (Dec. 9-11)
- DeVine Wine Jelly (Dec. 2-4)
- Farm & Feast (Dec. 2-4, 9-11)
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC (All three weekends)
- Icons DC (Dec. 9-11, 16-18)
- Let’s Get Dressed! (All 3 weekends)
- Le DePartique (All 3 weekends)
- Lifstyl Candle Co (Dec. 9-11, 16-18)
- Martha Spak (Dec. 2-4, 9-11)
- Mindful Giving (All three weekends)
- Sunny Type (Dec. 9-11)
- Sweat SwaGG Pet Accessories (Dec. 2-4, 16-18)
- Watts Popcorn (All 3 weekends)
- Zana (Dec. 2, 9 and 16-18)
Four Seasons holiday market performance schedule:
- Friday, Dec. 2: 6:00-8:00 pm – Dominique Bianco
- Saturday, Dec. 3: 1:00-3:00 pm – Taisha Estrada | 5:00-7:00 pm – Kevin Elam
- Sunday, Dec. 4: 1:00-3:00 pm and 5:00-7:00 pm – Simone Baron
- Friday, Dec. 9: 6:00-8:00 pm – Langston Hughes ll
- Saturday, Dec. 10: 1:00-3:00 pm – Langston Hughes ll | 5-7pm – Dominique Bianco
- Sunday, Dec. 11: 1:00-3:00 pm and 5:00-7:00 pm – Deborah Bond & Trey Sorrells
- Friday, Dec. 16: 6:00-8:00 pm – Josanne Francis
- Saturday, Dec. 17: 1:00-3:00 pm – Joshua Jenkins | 5:00-7:00 pm – Sankta Lucia Performance
- Sunday, Dec. 18: 1:00-3:00 pm and 5-7pm- Christylez Bacon
The Four Seasons’ Bourbon Steak is also getting into the holiday spirit with festive custom-made wooden chalet suites on the restaurant’s patio, each inspired by iconic Four Seasons ski resorts. Diners can cuddle up with an ice-wine martini and a hot miso buttered shellfish platter at the Whistler Suite, dig into an 18 ounce dry aged bone-in New York Steak in the Jackson Hole Suite, surrender to the smoked s’mores in the Vail Suite, or pair a glass of champagne with a foie gras parfait with camomile honey butter and confit orange in the Megeve Suite.
Each chalet suite requires a food and beverage minimum, a room fee, and 20% gratuity. Complete details and reservation information is available online.
For those interested in staying at the Four Seasons, its Staycation Package includes a complimentary room upgrade, a festive welcome amenity, overnight valet parking, guaranteed late check-out, and savings on spa services. The offer also includes a complimentary dog package to make sure furry friends feel at home too.